Poll: Should Dallas figure out a trade for Pacers Domantas Sabonis?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
26.92%
7 26.92%
No
73.08%
19 73.08%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Dallas trade for Domantas Sabonis? (signs 4 yr/$77M deal w/ IND)
(10-21-2019, 11:53 AM)JamesConway Wrote: Fair point, also I doubt Sabonis will get traded anytime soon. I expect this to drag out for a while.

But later in the season, somewhen after Christmas and with the TDL looming later on I wouldn't rule it out. Our team isn't a finished product by any means and we'll have to be opportunistic given the limited ressources we currently possess.
https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/118...7831414784

Seems like this is going to happen sooner than later.

My biggest hurdle in any potential Sabonis trade is where he fits on the roster. Whose minutes does he take? Powell's? Maxi's? Boban's? Considering that the Pacers needs bigs, especially if they're giving up one of the most efficient ones, they're probably going to want a big in return. Is Sabonis worth giving up on Maxi and Powell? 

The answer isn't so obvious to me, and I doubt the Mavs are trigger happy for that kind of deal either. The real big I'm most interested in is Myles Turner, but I think the Pacers are more likely to move to Seattle before trading Turner now. 
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should Dallas trade for Domantas Sabonis? - by SleepingHero - 10-21-2019, 02:13 PM