Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 game segment at 60/new playoff run projections
(10-21-2019, 12:53 AM)audiosway Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 11:17 AM)iolide Wrote: I expect the Mavs to be better than the Pelicans, the Kings, and the T-Pups. 

I think we edge out San Antonio and their aging starters.
I agree with all of this. I think this is the year that SA starts the decline.

Feels like we predict the downfall of San Antonio every year. After TD retired. When Kawhi left. They still have some solid players and even if they get worse I don´t expect them to fall of the cliff. Just like the Mavs they have two "stars" and a deep roster. Mavs big advantage is that their stars are young but that obviously isn´t a big advantage this season. Spurs big advantage is durability. Aldridge and DeRozan rarely miss games.
I like their guard rotation. Murray is similar to Wright but younger. Mills, Belinelli and White are great shooters. Gay and Carroll solid veteran wings.
With Pop on the bench I expect them to have a solid defense even though they really lack athleticism.

The Pelicans looked really good in preseason but with Zions injury problems they might be in trouble. Nevertheless the Ball / Holiday backcourt already showed that they are as good as it gets on defense.

Kings are solid as well but I have them clearly behind the Mavs. Current news indicate some trouble with contract extensions and the salary hierarchy. Will be interesting to see how good the younger Bogdanovic is after a great summer (top scorer of the FIBA world cup).

I am not high on the Wolves at all. Towns is still a liability on defense. Wiggins is what THJ used to be. Time to start my free RoCo campaign again. Best 3&D wing of the league wasted on a terrible team.

The really sad part is that all of those teams would easily make the playoffs in the east.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The 10 and 20 game Mavericks record - by dirkfansince1998 - 10-21-2019, 03:01 AM