Poll: Which Player would you rather have?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Player A
57.14%
4 57.14%
Player B
42.86%
3 42.86%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which player would you rather have?
(02-04-2020, 07:00 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: As far as being too tied to Maxi, he has far more value to the Mavs and the other 29 teams at his contract than THJ does or pre-injury Powell ever did.
(02-04-2020, 08:55 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Maxi - Top 5 overall defender in the league, knock down 3 point shooter, 90th percentile role man.

Dwight - Not actually good. Can dunk when wide open.

THJ - May or may not be here after this contract. Good or bad thing depending on $.
These two comments focus on the players named as opposed to the mentality of sticking with them once they're at peak value, cause that is the mentality I have a hard time understanding. Trade them, trade them! Oh, they got better? Keep them at all costs! Keep them at all costs!

In the offseason, more than most would have gladly given up Maxi for Aaron Gordon. Now that he's shown some really good value, yet has a really hard time proving he is a starter or more than a 25 mpg player to RC, he's untradeable? No one loves Kleber more than I do, but if his role on this team is what RC is making it, I'd like to get someone in here that will impress him enough to crack that sure-fire starter role with sure-fire starter minutes. 

Same mentality can be said of Powell, Curry, THJ, JB etc.

These guys are sell high guys when you can get a premium on their value from a team in need of their specific talents. I think we need to be honest with our team and see that this group is not gonna be the same players when we reach the finals again. Take that thought and figure when the best time to cash in on them is. Maybe that is not now for most of them, maybe it is. We won't know cause we're not working the phones.

I'd love to keep Maxi, but if we can get a guy in here that RC will play 30-33 mpg and start on our team, and the other team is requiring our Super Glue? I'm sorry, but I'm taking the upgrade (unless that guy is yet another PG, which no doubt RC would do Smile ). So Aaron Gordon isn't the guy for some, what if when we call Ind for what it would take to get Turner besides Luka and KP, they say it starts with Maxi and don't hang up the phone? Are we really gonna hang up the phone on them?

Upgrade business is all I can say.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which player would you rather have? - by ItsGoTime - 02-05-2020, 12:14 AM