Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
INJURY: KP w/ right knee soreness & illness (playing against LAC)
(01-28-2020, 11:20 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote:
(01-20-2020, 02:51 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: People need to stop comparing KP to NYK KP or Dirk. He is not going to line up in the post 6 times in a row like Dirk. He is more like a 7'3 Klay Thompson. Even Klay being the third option was still a star player and a major part of GSW's wins. That's who KP is basically in this offense.

He's not even that. Klay Thompson is one of the greatest shooters ever. Kristaps isn't even close. I seriously hope he lives up to his deal, because it ain't looking good right now. It's been well documented, players his height, (7'3 or taller) don't last long in this league after having major injuries.  Hope he gets it together.

So I didn't mean to say he's like Klay in the literal sense, but more in his style of play and the role in the Mavs offense. I do think that's the role he has taken up until this Doncic injury. I like seeing him work the middle/paint area in what we thought we'd see all season. It's making me wonder if playing with Doncic limits what he can do on the floor. With that in mind I wonder if Rick goes back to staggering more of their minutes to allow KP to do traditional KP things while Doncic is resting. When they play together he is more of that Klay-type, running around screens, jacking up 3's and whatnot. He can do both but I could see long-term having him run the offense more when Luka sits could be interesting.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: INJURY: KP w/ right knee soreness - by Tyler - 01-02-2020, 03:42 PM
RE: INJURY: KP w/ right knee soreness & illness (hopeful against LAC) - by StepBackJay - 02-04-2020, 05:08 PM