Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 104, Suns 133
(01-29-2020, 12:46 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(01-29-2020, 11:31 AM)burekemde Wrote: Finally there is KP who can be a great starter, but is not playing like that as he is (hopefully) still transitioning back.
I'm beginning to wonder. I'd really hate for this to be who he will be for our team and then have that contract. I'm still not in the trade KP camp, but I would for sure listen to offers that are sure-fire upgrades to our team now and in the future.

I think he's a great defender, but he is not on Gobert's level in that respect (with some bulk and more focus I think he could be). He looks like he will probably be a great scorer, and has the tools to be a great distributor as well, but will he reach that level? He is frail and can't take any bumps when handling the ball or on defense. All the potential in the world to live up to the unicorn nickname, but will that come to fruition?

I looked at his career stats when I had to defend him from trolling in the game thread. His shooting numbers are not far off what he did in NY. Matter of fact, his 3p% is a lot lower than his last season, but not so much the 2p%. He is what he is, but what he is is still pretty good. I think he could be used better and get more comfortable in the PnR with Luka, and be somewhat less tentative on defense. People forget that we gave a similar (though not as long) contract to Barnes. I'll take KP. I don't think trading him this year or next summer is a serious consideration in any event, but if he is what he is, you aren't going to get value in any event. You have beaten the Towns drum. I want zero part of Towns on a Luka-led team. You don't build around two guys who are terrible at defense if you want to win in the playoffs. Turner plus something else of value is much more sensible. We'll see what happens.

(01-29-2020, 12:45 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(01-29-2020, 11:55 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Worst thing with Powell going down is that Rick has an excuse for smallest ball again.

Yep, it is almost like as a GM, Donnie needs to make a trade just to limit the number of competent guards RC has access to.

Yes. I'm afraid that if we do trade away Wright or Brunson, Rick will just give the departed guard's minutes to JJB.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 104, Suns 133 - by Scott41theMavs - 01-29-2020, 01:16 PM