Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Willie Cauley-Stein to DAL | UTA 2nd to GSW
(01-25-2020, 10:03 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote:
(01-25-2020, 09:50 AM)Kammrath Wrote:
(01-25-2020, 09:25 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: What that says is he's pretty good at getting his boards, but does nothing to help team rebounding (like blocking out).

I saw a stat (if my memory serves) saying that DP led the Mavs with 3.2 block outs a game and WCS has been averaging 3.6 block outs a game this season.

BUT I will be interested to see how team rebounding will go with him on the court.

Block-outs don't have to be the explanation.  That was just my speculation.  But, when WCS is in the game, his team rebounds 47.3%.  When he's out, the team gets 50.9%.  That is a huge discrepancy.  Instead of nearly -4% for WCS, Powell, KP and Maxi are flat, +1% and +2% respectively.

The variance isn't as great the last two seasons, but there is a negative variance each season.

I agree that this is a big discrepancy, but if the other stats, blockouts and individual rebounding numbers are good, diagnosing the issue might be more complex than his stats are fool's gold.  For example, it might be the construction of the lineups when he's out there vs the construction of the lineups when he's in and when he's out.  It's also possible that he can be not an awesome team rebounder, but also be better than Powell at that one thing, or a wash.

I don't think he's better than Powell overall, I want to go on the record there as saying.  Powell's hustle, grasp of what the Mavs are doing, culture setting, rim running and other things outweigh WCS, imho...but then again, if we are being fair, this will be the most talented team, with the most talented offensive playmaker, that WCS has been on since Kentucky...so...

Just saying.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Willey Cauley-Stein to DAL - by omahen - 01-24-2020, 06:17 PM
RE: TRADE: Willey Cauley-Stein to DAL - by cow - 01-24-2020, 06:37 PM
RE: TRADE: Willey Cauley-Stein to DAL - by cow - 01-24-2020, 06:45 PM
RE: TRADE: Willie Cauley-Stein to DAL - by Jym - 01-24-2020, 06:21 PM
RE: TRADE: Willie Cauley-Stein to DAL | UTA 2nd to GSW - by TXBamanut - 01-25-2020, 10:10 AM