Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN shopping Iggy on First Take this morning?
(01-24-2020, 03:29 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: It won't happen but I'd give Delon for Iggy straight up. With Powell's potential career ending injury, and  $33M owed the next 3 seasons, MBT need to get smart(er) with their money. 

The MBT threw $9M+ per year and 2 second rounders for him to be a starter. It didn't work out, he is what he is: an average bench player. 

So freeing up that money for this offseason and beyond could give us better avenues to round out the team with a more appropriate wing/big.

If you don't like Iggy. Another name I'd take a look at is Tony Snell.

I don't think Mavs would do that but ya that would definitely be an admission that they regret signing Delon. I do think he is a player that could be moved if they could upgrade him to Robert Covington. His contract still isn't bad. He hasn't done as much lately but I think Wright will continue to improve over time. His contract isn't starter money so that's not an issue.

(01-24-2020, 02:59 PM)Benskix2 Wrote: I have no interest in stunting team chemistry and player development on past their prime rentals even if you don't have to give up any assets to get one.  Getting Iggy doesn't open our championship window. Matching that salary with anything but an injured Dwight Powell probably makes us worse this year and doesnt do anything to help us next year when our real championship window opens.

We aren't stunting anything, Mavs just lost a starter. You need to replace him with something better than more Justin Jackson off the bench. I don't think Iguodala will cost much, I honestly think if the Mavs are interested in all it's going to be for a worthless 2nd or two. I think right now they have their hopes set on Robert Covington.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN shopping Iggy on First Take this morning? - by StepBackJay - 01-24-2020, 04:39 PM