Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN shopping Iggy on First Take this morning?
(01-24-2020, 02:21 PM)Magickian Wrote: I was one of the very few who argued we should get Iggy... then he went to the Warriors and wound up winning a championship and finals MVP there... you all said he wasn’t worth it then

Obviously he isn’t what he used to be and I’m not pretending this but I STILL have argued all season that we should get him and his cost would be cheap and I don’t see any valid arguments against it except to keep all assets... well Iggy would make a large difference in how our playoff run will go and that will in turn make a larger difference on our free agency than some second round pick would ever do

I think Iggy will go to a team and contribute and if that team isn’t the mavs you’re all going to eat your words because he should be here and not on an LA team

He wasn't much of a difference maker for GSW last year, hasn't played, doesn't want to play in Dallas, and certainly won't play here next year. I see no value whatsoever in giving something of value for him (e.g. Brunson or the GSW pick), and would only give our tool assets (Jackson, the TPE, Lee) if we literally couldn't get absolutely anything else for them. That's it.

(01-24-2020, 03:29 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: It won't happen but I'd give Delon for Iggy straight up. With Powell's potential career ending injury, and $33M owed the next 3 seasons, MBT need to get smart(er) with their money.

The MBT threw $9M+ per year and 2 second rounders for him to be a starter. It didn't work out, he is what he is: an average bench player.

So freeing up that money for this offseason and beyond could give us better avenues to round out the team with a more appropriate wing/big.

If you don't like Iggy. Another name I'd take a look at is Tony Snell.

Holy crap, and I thought you didn't like Seth.

You'll do anything for Jalen to showcase himself for a big deal, won't you? What are you, his agent?

(01-24-2020, 11:45 AM)Jym Wrote: Not giving up that GS pick or Brunson for him.
Jackson or the Utah pick? A bit more tempting but I'd prefer a contract that expires next year

Ariza's partially guaranteed deal is much more of an asset going forward

Are you suggesting we go get Ariza from Portland? I know he could legally be re-traded, but I don't know why they give him back up - unless we give them something that's actually worth more than renting him for a half-season.

I have repeated the mantra for years that Ariza lights up Dallas because he hates the Mavs. He was furious that they gave Parsons a big contract and he didn't have the chance either to come here for a big payday or use us to raise his salary. He was signed to a bargain contract that summer, remember? I would be very unsurprised if he told his agent to discourage a trade to the Mavs if the Kings broached it.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN shopping Iggy on First Take this morning? - by Scott41theMavs - 01-24-2020, 03:43 PM