Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN shopping Iggy on First Take this morning?
(01-24-2020, 02:21 PM)Magickian Wrote: I was one of the very few who argued we should get Iggy... then he went to the Warriors and wound up winning a championship and finals MVP there... you all said he wasn’t worth it then

Obviously he isn’t what he used to be and I’m not pretending this but I STILL have argued all season that we should get him and his cost would be cheap and I don’t see any valid arguments against it except to keep all assets... well Iggy would make a large difference in how our playoff run will go and that will in turn make a larger difference on our free agency than some second round pick would ever do

I hear you on Iggy. He has a championship pedigree, and was long known as one of the league's exceptional defenders. But, you do have to consider what the Mavs would have to give up, don't you? You appear to be assuming that a second-round pick (and, I assume, Lee's contract) would get it done. What if Memphis won't play ball unless they get, say, Seth and Maxi? Do you still do that deal for a half-season rental of a guy in his mid-thirties who has refused to play all season?

I think Iggy will go to a team and contribute and if that team isn’t the mavs you’re all going to eat your words because he should be here and not on an LA team

I get that you think Iggy should be in Dallas, not in LA. Unfortunately, he has made it clear that he doesn't agree. So, the possibility that he cannot be re-signed would be substantial. 

I'm not saying they shouldn't try to get Iggy. Just that, at some negotiating point, the game won't be worth the candle. 
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN shopping Iggy on First Take this morning? - by mavsluvr - 01-24-2020, 02:54 PM