Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kobe: Three women able to play in NBA...
(01-23-2020, 08:23 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Baketball is all about athleticism and size. Even the best scheme and incredible skill cannot make up for it. That said in other sports the difference is overrated.
When I was still in Germany my soccer team (all players 16 years old) played a friendly match against a league 1 women teams. Lost 1-8. Athleticism was slightly in our favor but they embarrassed us. We barely touched the ball all game long.
That´s obviously not possible in basketball but I think in a sport like baseball, volleyball or soccer it is possible for women to play at the highest level.

Might agree about the differences from sport to sport but when you say at the highest level, I don't think so. 

Keep in mind at the highest level seconds and fractions of the second in speed, slight advantages in strength and acceleration, jumping ability etc. is what separates even the men at the highest level from those that drop down to the next level.  

Physical reality enters into play.  It sounds like even in your soccer example is similar to other sports where the men or man is taken from a lower level of sport to play and compare against higher level females.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kobe: Three women able to play in NBA... - by Dahlsim - 01-23-2020, 08:35 AM