Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts Mavs 107, Clippers 110
Big Grin 
(01-23-2020, 01:28 AM)mavsluvr Wrote:
(01-22-2020, 09:52 AM)Dahlsim Wrote: For Carlisle to maximize him though, he really should do more than just get him minutes.  
They need to run some offense through him more deliberately, more often.  He opens a lot of space on the floor for the Mavs many shooters because its literally impossible to ignore him if he's near the rim or headed toward the rim.  One or two bodies guaranteed to be occupied.
I don't know if Carlisle will run any offense for Boban, but that will certainly be an option on the table. 

Thanks for this and your other going points, Dahl. I have a feeling we are going to learn a lot more about Bobi soon.

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath for any big change in the way Bobi is used, just musing here in your thread ML. 
Rick Carlisle has a system, he has a ring, and he's likely going to be pretty set in his ways. Heck, he's already said post up is basically a dead offensive play so its almost comical now that he has an elite post up player on the bench dying to play while he's also now down a key starter. If only Bobi could survive the PnR better, maybe coach would consider a post up resurrection.    Smile

Carlisle's been doing a good job this year overall, so good he'd probably be at least in conversation for coach of the year especially if KP could shoot the ball a little better.  
As I posted else where KP was 4 of 17 while Boban was 5 of 6 in a 3 point loss.  Now take a few of KP's shots and give them to Boban? 
Its not Rocket Science.  Huh
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts Mavs 107, Clippers 110 - by Dahlsim - 01-23-2020, 06:55 AM