Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
NEWS: China upset w/ NBA...NBA will lose $400 million
(10-10-2019, 05:46 PM)LifeAquatic Wrote:
(10-10-2019, 05:20 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(10-10-2019, 03:53 PM)fifteenth Wrote: So they don't want to lose the NBA, just put the NBA in it's place (subservient to the party)
Which is insane to me. 

A communist totalitarian government is strong arming an American company for not agreeing with its ideals. NBA should just walk away. 

It will hurt in the short-term but long term the NBA doesn't have to appease censorship. It's a slippery slope. If you let China dictate what you can tweet, then what's stopping them from pulling the same stuff if lets just say Lebron said in a press conference that Xi was awful and China is terrible?

I wish the players would just say what they want anyway. What is the NBA going to do, silence LeBron or Harden? They need their stars and its pretty clear what side of the issue the western democratic fans are on here..

And here I was thinking that if players did choose to comment on it they would at least recognize Morey's right to say what he wants.

LeBron of course has that same right, but even if he didn't feel comfortable commenting on China, it would have been so easy to just say Daryl is an American. He has the right to say what he wants. So, Daryl Morey is certainly entitled to his own thoughts here.

Adam Silver looks like a profile in courage now.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: China upset w/ NBA...teams planning for 20-21 salary cap to drop up to 15% - by LifeAquatic - 10-15-2019, 09:47 PM