Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chandler Parsons Suffers "Multiple Severe and Permanent Injuries" in Auto Crash
(01-20-2020, 07:28 PM)mavsluvr Wrote:
(01-20-2020, 06:51 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Its terrible. I would like to know where the drunk driver was coming from. If a bar then they need to be held responsible.

Reading the lawyer's statement I have a feeling they want to cash in an insurance policy for a career ending injury. His career was already basically over but it sounds like from the statement they want to claim he was 100% healthy and perfect so that they can then say he has had a career ending injury thus satisfying the very strict legal requirements to cash in that type of policy. I would predict he will never suit up again. My hope is that he doesn't have any long term health issues. The brain trauma sounds terrible and scary.
The drunk driver was unconscious when the police found him. He had a 7-Up bottle full of alcohol in his car. He has apparently admitted that he had been drinking. I didn't see anything on where he was coming from. 

Unless the drunk driver was rich, or had very substantial insurance, or there is some third party who could also be held responsible, it is hard to see how a lawsuit will result in a substantial payday, especially by Parsons' financial standards. But a responsible PI attorney would file suit in any case, to best protect Chandler's rights in case there is a deep pocket available.  

It is also possible that the drunk driver will go to prison, which would at least get the guy off the streets for a while. 

Agree that it seems possible that Parsons will never suit up again, and join you in the hope that he recovers completely and especially that the brain injury does not have lasting effects.

So I imagine Parsons would have some insurance somewhere that protects him against a career-ending injury. It may not be his car insurance. If you have followed the Dak contract at all, there were stories earlier in the year that said btwn endorsements and his injury insurance policy, he wasn't in a hurry to get a deal done. The article (don't have the link) went on to say to cash in a career-ending type policy takes a long time battling with the insurance company as you could imagine. I wouldn't be surprised if most professional athletes have this type of insurance, knowing that you could suffer a terrible injury on or off the court/field at any time. If I were to venture a guess, Parsons who is basically already done when his contract runs out, is going cash in such a policy. I could be wrong, maybe this is just squeezing out as much money from the car insurance policy as possible, who knows. I will be interested to see how this turns out.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chandler Parsons Suffers "Multiple Severe and Permanent Injuries" in Auto Crash - by StepBackJay - 01-21-2020, 09:45 AM