Poll: What is the amount of games needed before Kidd gets fired mid-season?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
10-15 before december
0%
0 0%
20-30 before all-star
3.13%
1 3.13%
40+
6.25%
2 6.25%
N/A, Kidd won't be fired midseason no matter what
90.63%
29 90.63%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Kidd really the best head coach for this team?
(05-12-2024, 07:14 AM)Knutsen Wrote: Great takes here guys, was a pleasure to read your analyses and thoughts - thank you! 

What I am wondering and going back to some earlier posts in this thread: is that specific coaching and leadership style of Kidd somehow related to us losing each and every first game of all the playoff series we played? 

Because he doesn’t prepare the team as much as a control freak, a micro manager or on an emotional level a Steve-Ballmer-type-hype-them-up coach would?

I think it's partly this combined with being on the road as the under dog. I really think he just says to the team to go out and play a standard kind of flow offense and defense. Then, after game 1 they go in and now know what the other team is doing by studying film. Then, they make up a game plan based on that. Game 1 has always been a feel out game for teams anyway. I don't think he's the least bit worried about them losing game 1.

I agree with the other poster that said Kidd isn't the kind of coach you want to out coach the other side with Xs and Os. That was Carlisle. But, if you give Kidd his style of roster with a smart back court that can run the team on the floor that's his forte. Especially being able to get the best out of guys like Kyrie that are known to have been difficult for other coaches in the past.
We didn't make the cut but thanks for all the support!
[-] The following 3 users Like audiosway's post:
  • DallasMaverick, Knutsen, Reunion Mav
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 10-24-2023, 06:15 PM
RE: JamesConway912 - by dirkfansince1998 - 10-24-2023, 06:17 PM
RE: Is Kidd really the best head coach for this team? - by audiosway - 05-13-2024, 01:41 PM