Poll: What is the amount of games needed before Kidd gets fired mid-season?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
10-15 before december
0%
0 0%
20-30 before all-star
3.13%
1 3.13%
40+
6.25%
2 6.25%
N/A, Kidd won't be fired midseason no matter what
90.63%
29 90.63%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Kidd really the best head coach for this team?
(05-11-2024, 02:48 PM)audiosway Wrote: I see what you are getting at. Makes total sense. I have to definitely eat some crow on Kidd. I've always been a Rick Carlisle fan and it's obvious he's a great coach. Yet again he is winning and has a great team put together in Indiana.

I think Kidd has a style that this team needs the more I look at it. I've NEVER seen Kyrie play like this. He is completely unselfish and not a distraction whatsoever. He's even teaching Luka how to lead. At first I thought Kidd was just letting Ky and Luka run the team on the floor (and he likely is). However, the game planning is something I think Kidd is leading. And I have to say overall he outcoached Ty Lue and Lue is a good coach.

What I mean by that is that after game 1 I noticed that the Mavs came out and really just made the game ugly. And that heavily played in Dallas' favor taking all of the Clippers rhythm away. Now against the Thunder they are playing more up tempo. Maybe it's just me (and I'll admit I have a limited knowledge of X's and O's with coaching) but it seems like Kidd is putting together the plan of attack after what he sees in game 1. Then, the team just goes out and implements it. Granted it takes a guy of Luka and Ky's high BBIQ to handle running that. But, maybe THIS is the approach THEY need. Not every coaching type works for every roster or key players.

Great takes here guys, was a pleasure to read your analyses and thoughts - thank you! 

What I am wondering and going back to some earlier posts in this thread: is that specific coaching and leadership style of Kidd somehow related to us losing each and every first game of all the playoff series we played? 

Because he doesn’t prepare the team as much as a control freak, a micro manager or on an emotional level a Steve-Ballmer-type-hype-them-up coach would?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Knutsen's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 10-24-2023, 06:15 PM
RE: JamesConway912 - by dirkfansince1998 - 10-24-2023, 06:17 PM
RE: Is Kidd really the best head coach for this team? - by Knutsen - 05-12-2024, 07:14 AM