Poll: What is the amount of games needed before Kidd gets fired mid-season?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
10-15 before december
0%
0 0%
20-30 before all-star
3.13%
1 3.13%
40+
6.25%
2 6.25%
N/A, Kidd won't be fired midseason no matter what
90.63%
29 90.63%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Kidd really the best head coach for this team?
As some of you know, I've studied teaching/coaching quite a bit. In my opinion, the greatest thing Kidd has done is gotten out of the way, so that the PLAYERS are free to be the standard bearers.

This isn't my style, I'd be much more inclined to push the team and create competition on the roster, similar to how Carlisle does it, and I think this often results in a higher level of understanding and execution earlier in the season. But, the downside is that it's easy in that style for things to end up in a "players vs. coach" mindset if you're not careful. Players are constantly trying to live up to the standard set by the coach, who is constantly moving the goal posts just beyond the reach of their skills/comfort, and while this FOR SURE gets more out of them, they can learn to associate the feelings of failure and losing with HIM, rather than the other team or their own execution, and to certain kinds of players, that coach can become a little like the voiceless Charlie Brown teacher (only the oldest among us will get that reference, sorry).

What kid has done with his "I'm just watching, like all of you" stuff, like it or not (I don't), has forced the TEAM leaders to LEAD. They aren't doing it for or against the coach, but rather for themselves and against the other team. I honestly don't know if this result is by design or by accident, but it's a notable notch in the pros column for me right now when looking at the job Kidd is doing.
[-] The following 5 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • audiosway, fifteenth, Knutsen, Scott41theMavs, SleepingHero
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 10-24-2023, 06:15 PM
RE: JamesConway912 - by dirkfansince1998 - 10-24-2023, 06:17 PM
RE: Is Kidd really the best head coach for this team? - by KillerLeft - 05-10-2024, 12:10 PM