Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2024 Playoffs- 2nd Round: Oklahoma City Thunder - Dallas Mavericks- MAVS WIN 4-2!
I know better than to write this post as I'm doing it, because minds have never been more closed about Hardaway, but...

...I'm low-key hopeful that he can make a difference in this series. Obviously, he won't help much if he's still in that awful slump, but if he's NOT, then the team sure could use the shooting. Like, a LOT. Even if he's not hitting, he's at least willing to attempt open shots, which is more than I can say for Exum in round 1. That's why I don't get down on Washington every time he misses - because just knowing their man is willing and unafraid to shoot keeps defenders honest. Hardaway will FOR SURE be another to check that box, and consequently must be accounted for in game plans, even more than DJJ, who has been hitting his fair share of open shots.

Green looks like his rhythm is starting to come around, and I'm all for that. But, the goal should kind of be for DJJ to be the ONLY guy out there the defense thinks they can get away with not guarding (kind of like what we're expecting with the Mavs and Giddey). If it's just him (DJJ), then I have a fair amount of confidence that he'll hit enough of the open ones, along with finding creases to cut into from time to time, that he'll be able to stay out there and keep playing his stellar defense. But, if they're having to play Exum and DJJ together, which seems more likely now that Kleber is out of the mix, AND Washington isn't hitting, well...that's a recipe for OKC to take the entire pick and roll away from Dallas.

Like it or not, we should all be hoping Hardaway is able to remedy that to some useful extent.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • DallasMaverick, Jannemann2, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 2nd Round: Oklahoma City Thunder - Dallas Mavericks - by KillerLeft - 05-06-2024, 02:52 PM