Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dereck Lively II is first Maverick Player to earn Rising Stars Nod Since Luka Doncic
(05-04-2024, 08:53 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Agreed. I love love love this kid. Was not sold on the pick at the time, but it was pretty evident as early as summer league that he had a prodigious basketball mind and IQ that would flatten his learning curve to a preposterous degree. Wonderful character and heart as well. Thank you, Nico and Lindsay, for Dereck freaking Lively II.

I still revisit that draft and how adamantly I was against Lively as a prospect. It wasn't until I watched his first march madness game in full did I see what Nico saw. That was well after the pick was made but I was seriously shocked at how good he was defensively. 

Goes to show how important it is to watch the games before you make a pick!  Big Grin
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dereck Lively II is first Maverick Player to earn Rising Stars Nod Since Luka Doncic - by SleepingHero - 05-05-2024, 10:45 AM