Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ranking the Mavs' non-Luka/KP players
I forgot to do this for the past two and a half weeks... not that anyone chimes in anyway...

1) THJ. So consistent now. Making his own shot. Taking the scoring burden off Luka. Playing decent defense, largely on the basis of hard work. Three words I never, ever, would have believed I'd be saying in January back before the season started: I'm a fan. Clearly the Mavs' third best player. 
2) Maxi. It's getting to the point where it's no longer power rankings and more the longitudinal view of the season. That said, THJ is in a class of his own at the top of this list as a worthy starter, but Maxi would be right there with him - if only the Mavs started him. Best three and D big in the league. What makes him so boss on D is that if he gets switched onto a handler, he's too big to shoot over, and then he can stay with that guy on his drive, challenging and possibly blocking him. Add that to that great 3p% - que bello.
3) DFS. Continues with the solid effort and 38% 3p%. His defense is a bit overrated, but the hustle, offensive rebounds, and putbacks make him very valuable to the team.
4) Powell. What a great week from Powell. Still terrible defending in the post, so bad at threes he won't take any anymore, and double-figure rebounds lamentably makes news, but everything else about his game has been fantastic lately.
5) Bobi. Perhaps Rick is learning how to use him. 
6) Curry. Some inconsistency, but when he's on, he's on. 
7) Wright. I'm troubled by the Amick interview, but he's remained a consistent contributor. His D hasn't been as consistent as I'd like, though.
8) JJB. Getting less burn lately.
9) Brunson. Eh, I probably should have put him higher than JJB, since he's been more consistent lately in keeping the Mavs in the game when Luka's on the bench. No sense in getting too attached tho, as I believe that if the Mavs make a fairly big trade, he's the guy whom we would otherwise like to keep who is most likely to be sent out.
10) Jackson. This guy, on the other hand, won't be missed when he's gone, and he will be gone, betcha anything. Playing much better lately - and still terrible in contrast to what he looked like last year and especially in the first month of the season.
11) RFA. Get well soon. 
12) Lee. Once again, this guy's trade value will go up if we just give him a little burn. 
13) Cleveland. Meh.
14) Reeves. He executes a mean take foul.

Overall, I would say that the KP sorta-injury, gravely troubling as it is, has been good for these guys. They've had to step up, and in the last few games, they've been doing so.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ranking the Mavs' non-Luka/KP players - by Scott41theMavs - 01-17-2020, 03:01 PM