Poll: What is the amount of games needed before Kidd gets fired mid-season?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
10-15 before december
0%
0 0%
20-30 before all-star
3.13%
1 3.13%
40+
6.25%
2 6.25%
N/A, Kidd won't be fired midseason no matter what
90.63%
29 90.63%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Kidd really the best head coach for this team?
I am not sure if Kidd is a good coach or not. I had serious questions about him. He has had two really good runs as a Mavs coach. We will see if this run has any legs.

I do think he is really good not showing up players. I can only think of 1 or 2 instances where he yanked a player out of the game after a bad play. I think they were both two of our youngsters too. He typically is very cautious to make a scene when taking a player out. I think this gives his players freedom and confidence.

I also think he has been pretty good developing talent. I was really impressed how he found minutes for Jaden during the regular season. That is the type of thing that pays off down the road. I believe playing time should be earned but he has made a conscious decision to find playing time for Jaden. I assume OMax may be in a similar stage next year as a guy out of the normal rotation but try to find him minutes during the regular season to see how he responds.

While I would like to see a coach more animated, it could be argued that his demeanor is probably the best for a Luka team.
[-] The following 4 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • DallasMaverick, MFFL, Reunion Mav, The Jom
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 10-24-2023, 06:15 PM
RE: JamesConway912 - by dirkfansince1998 - 10-24-2023, 06:17 PM
RE: Is Kidd really the best head coach for this team? - by Chicagojk - 04-30-2024, 03:53 PM