Poll: What is the amount of games needed before Kidd gets fired mid-season?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
10-15 before december
0%
0 0%
20-30 before all-star
3.13%
1 3.13%
40+
6.25%
2 6.25%
N/A, Kidd won't be fired midseason no matter what
90.63%
29 90.63%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Kidd really the best head coach for this team?
(04-28-2024, 07:55 PM)Luka77 Wrote: Do you guys think if we had Rick right now that the Mavs would be struggling to score?

I have yet to see an adjustment that Kidd has made that makes you go, that really helped win the game/series.

Interesting question. 

If you gave Carlisle this, exact roster and a week of practice, the offense would be better, no doubt in my mind. Unlike most here (I'm assuming), I also believe the defense would be this good, too, and base that opinion on his old Indiana and Detroit teams. 

However, if I'm being honest, what I can't reconcile is the extent to which Kidd has had a hand in remaking the roster. Was Donnie bad? Was it Donnie/Cuban? Or, should Carlisle shoulder some of the blame for the "safe" personalities the Mavs always opted to employ at the expense of athletic ability and edge? Would Harrison (and Lindsay, and Finley, and whomever) have built this team into what it is with Carlisle at the helm? Would Carlisle have even allowed people like Lindsay and Finley to be heard? 

I don't feel informed enough to answer all of the above. 

In a strictly hypothetical "here's the team, which coach do you want to go to war with the Clippers?" scenario, give me Carlisle without even having to consider.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 10-24-2023, 06:15 PM
RE: JamesConway912 - by dirkfansince1998 - 10-24-2023, 06:17 PM
RE: Is Kidd really the best head coach for this team? - by KillerLeft - 04-28-2024, 09:43 PM