Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 game segment at 60/new playoff run projections
Forty games are in the books. Four segments are complete. We are on pace to have 50 wins after game 80 with two to go. Those last two games are very often different with one or both teams resting or tanking or trying out very young guys. The halfway mark will be reached tonight.

This segment was a survival like 5-5. We still have managed to avoid any 3 game losing streaks, one of only 4 teams to do so. We have been blown out only about twice this season that I can remember. That is the kind of consistency that the coaches who use 10 game segments are all about. It is not about easy stretches or home games, back to back games or injuries or anything else. It is about showing up every night and playing with consistency and expecting to win no matter what.

We have done an amazingly good job of that and I give the Mavs an A for that!

Now, other teams are succeeding at finding our weaknesses which is of course inevitable. They will do a great job of that in the playoffs. We have earned much respect so teams are really playing us with top effort and respect. That is so, so good because it is an advancing stage of team development. Development is painful complete with gut punches as we have seen this last segment, but it is required to get to the stage in our team development where we can beat good teams in the playoffs. 

Page 13 of the Mavericks news thread has some great discussion on halfway Maverick team progress. Much good news and discussion there. The Mavs success this season has dropped into a grade of B right now but I foresee our great BB students bringing that up by season end.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The 10 game segment update at 40 and 41 halfway. - by Reunion Mav Old - 01-15-2020, 10:03 AM