Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 64: Dallas Mavericks (35-28) vs. Detroit Pistons (10-52)
(03-11-2024, 01:12 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: The problem with using rebounding to prop up Gafford (not that this is what you're doing here) is that I haven't found Gafford to be a very good rebounder. He's definitely a good OFFENSIVE rebounder, but I'm in the camp that doesn't care about that. I'd much rather prioritize transition defense, especially for the Mavs, because it's their achilles heel rather clearly. There seems to be a trend of valuing offensive rebounding again across the league, but I'm not buying it yet, personally. 

His (Gafford's) defensive rebounding has left much to be desired for me, so far. I actually think Lively is better in that area.

I think Gafford brings something to the table, but what I've observed so far is that Lively, playing at any point in the game, with any lineup combination almost, makes a huge impact. HUGE. I think he's already a top 10 center in the league with room to improve very quickly.

No argument with any of this, especially the latter point.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game 64: Dallas Mavericks (35-28) vs. Detroit Pistons (10-52) - by Scott41theMavs - 03-11-2024, 01:28 PM