Poll: Who deserves the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Derrick Jones JR: 12pts, 4stl, +16 in under 19 minutes
0%
0 0%
PJ Washington: +4, 7pts, stuck up for his teammate
0%
0 0%
Daniel Gafford: 17pts, 7rbs, 4blks, +22 in 24 minutes!
63.64%
14 63.64%
Luka Doncic: 39pts, 10ast, 10rbs, +13 and 6th straight 30pt trip dub!
22.73%
5 22.73%
Kyrie Irving: 21pts, 5ast, +15
0%
0 0%
Dante Exum: 5ast, +7
0%
0 0%
Josh Green: 8pts, +9, some nice passes in transition
0%
0 0%
Tim Hardaway Jr: 17pts, +13
13.64%
3 13.64%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 64 Dirkie Thread: Who Deserves to Win?
This was an interesting game. For the most part I felt that the Mavs were just playing lackadaisical and letting Detroit stay in it. Luka was shooting heat check 3s for most of the 1st quarter, dribbling off his foot multiple times, staring down refs, ya know, the whole Luka vs. bottom feeders experience.

But he found a way to lock in and just took over in the 2nd and 3rd. He's a magical player man. Can't give him the dirkie despite his historical record, but I'm thankful every time I get to watch this dude play basketball.

Kyrie had a similar loose performance. He took so many heat check shots from 3 early. His mid range was long and clanked. But he also found a groove and just poured it on. 29 minutes for him was something I was glad to see Kidd managed to limit him to.

Timmy finally had a game back to normal. He still shot some of the most inane bullshit, but this time it went in. He drew 2 4pt plays, but couldn't convert on either one. His defense was better in the sense that Detroit didn't make him look like a fool every moment he was on the court. Let's hope Timmy can build off of this.

PJ had a real quiet game offensively but man I'm starting to fall in love with this guy. He just plays his role so well. He played fantastic defense all game. He picked his spots when he got the ball. Most importantly he stood up for gafford. I love that!!!

Speaking of Gafford, my dirkie winner. We've been debating ad nauseam about his impact and whether he's truly worth his minutes. But honestly he's slowly becoming one of my favorite mavericks. He hustles like no other. His energy is infectious. He's one of the best big men this franchise has seen in years. We're just comparing him to Maxi who's truly a defensive unicorn and Lively, who unfortunately for gafford is just miles better. We've gone from a drought of big men to suddenly having a luxury of them. Make no mistake, gafford is an incredible big. He played a fantastic game tonight.

Overall good win from the team. I hope they can build some momentum cause Chicago is rolling and then they have a must win against Steph and the warriors.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft, Smitty
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game 64 Dirkie Thread: Who Deserves to Win? - by SleepingHero - 03-10-2024, 10:41 AM