Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Game 63: Miami Heat (35-26) vs. Dallas Mavericks (34-28)
This was an excellent win.  The Miami Heat are a really good and well-organized team.  Here are my thoughts:

I don't like the new starting lineup.  I understand Kidd felt he had to change something but Jones doesn't shoot well enough to play regularly with Luka.  Lively is just better than Gafford and should always play more minutes when they're both available. 

PJ Washington is the exact defender that we needed.  However, his inability to hit open 3-point shots is really hurting our starting lineup.  How can a 25-year old player regress so much as a shooter?  It's concerning.  Everything else about PJ looks really good though.  

Exum looks like the versatile 3rd-guard that we needed.  He's the kind of player that the Miami Heat seem to magically create every off-season.  What a great find, Nico and Dennis!  If he's available in the playoffs, we have a chance against almost anybody in the West.  

I understand the Luka criticism about not sharing the ball.  I can see why teammates might be frustrated playing with him.  However, giving Luka the ball and allowing him to create for himself and others is one of the most effective offensive strategies in the NBA.  It just is.  Letting PJ Washington or Josh Green run the offense more while Luka is on the floor would be a bad decision.  

I don't think Maxi is as effective as a lot of other posters on this board.  His footwork and defensive positioning are really outstanding.  I wish Lively and especially Gafford had his defensive IQ.  However, he is an absolute zero on offense.  He also is a pitiful rebounder.  I think Maxi should be the third center.  I think Dwight Powell might be better as well.  I'd prefer Maxi also be the third PF as well behind PJ and DJJ.

As for the Heat, I'm really impressed with Terry Rozier.  My hope is that Jaden Hardy can develop into a Rozier clone.  As a historical THJ defender, I would like to see less THJ minutes.  I'm ready for some regular Jaden Hardy minutes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes surfpuckmd's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 03-07-2024, 07:17 PM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 03-07-2024, 10:10 PM
RE: Jason Terry - by KillerLeft - 03-07-2024, 10:27 PM
RE: Jason Terry - by Chicagojk - 03-07-2024, 10:30 PM
RE: Jason Terry - by KillerLeft - 03-07-2024, 10:34 PM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 03-07-2024, 11:17 PM
RE: Jason Terry - by KillerLeft - 03-07-2024, 11:18 PM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
RE: Game 63: Miami Heat (35-26) vs. Dallas Mavericks (34-28) - by surfpuckmd - 03-08-2024, 12:39 PM