Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 61: Philadelphia 76ers (34-25) vs. Dallas Mavericks (34-26)
(03-05-2024, 11:56 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Not commenting on the commentary but this play stood out to me while watching the game.  Couldn’t find it until now.

https://x.com/kyriemavs/status/1764898260160774548?s=46&t=iwQP5yZoJF3Ulzfb9MH7Cg

I hate to make myself look even worse as a THJ critic...

Genuinely asking if this guy is possibly bitter and acting out now?

This would completely fly in the face of Tim being the perfect professional behind the scenes, though.  I dont know if Mavs have/had promised THJ something(think McGee starting) and broke their promise...but his on court display of decision making,  his refusal to pass the ball to youngsters when its 2nd and 3rd stringers on the court and recently his Dad claiming he is trying to get his son to Miami...make it seem like a bitter entanglement.

That was absolute trash display by an NBA player.

I dont see how acting out could lead to Tim becoming 2nd or 3rd band chair on another team...but I am confident he thinks highly of himself and his game and wants to be a starter with high volume of shots per game.

I have asked this forum if Tim took same shots in New York and replies say he did...but I am actually starting to think Tim was promised something and Mavs broke their promise...so he acts out in games. Maybe this(Tim upset about his place on the team) has been going on for a couple of years now but no trade made sense for Mavs. Now that he is expiring he can finally be traded things are hitting the fan?

Luka possibly yelling to the bench to get him out of the game. A few games ago when there was the infamous Kidd no call of a timeout when Mavs were hounded at the inbounds under the other teams basket two or 3 times in a row...eventually leading to Tim being double teamed under the other teams basket and Kidd just standing there without calling a timeout. I felt bad for Tim in that situation. Posters never mentioned in on here....but Luka was loud mouthing Tim after that play too. I think Luka got mad at Kidd as well for not calling a timeout....but Luka for sure got after Tim then too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes youzigizag's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 03-03-2024, 02:26 PM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 03-03-2024, 03:20 PM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 03-03-2024, 03:39 PM
RE: Game 61: Philadelphia 76ers (34-25) vs. Dallas Mavericks (34-26) - by youzigizag - 03-05-2024, 12:16 PM