Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 114, Lakers 129
(01-11-2020, 04:11 PM)mtrot Wrote: As I posted in the game thread, the Mavs shooters get the yips in big games against the Lakers and a few other elite teams, and it's been this way pretty much this whole season.  And, IMO, Rick at this point just needs to assume that this is going to be the case, and not rely on three point shooting.

They usually do shoot better from three, but not against elite defense teams.  They get the yips and rush shots and can't hit anything
I don't know. The Mavs have won some games against good teams with three-point shots falling. Take your point that they weren't dropping in this game, but I don't think Rick should just assume his squad is going to collapse from long range, since they normally don't. 

I tend to suspect that the fans are more cowed by big brands than the team itself is. The Mavs have played poorly against bad teams in this stretch, as well. With Luka getting double-teamed so much, the Mavericks should be getting an open shot virtually every time down the floor. And, they often did. LeBron mentioned that he sets the tone for his teammates on both ends of the court. I wonder if Luka's getting so flustered spread to the other Mavs.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 114, Lakers 129 - by mavsluvr - 01-11-2020, 04:46 PM