Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 114, Lakers 129
(01-11-2020, 04:26 PM)sefant Wrote:
(01-11-2020, 10:21 AM)hakeemfan Wrote:
(01-11-2020, 10:07 AM)Kammrath Wrote: I thought Mark Jackson made a good comment about his Warriors taking some lickings when he was coach that showed them the difference between a good team and being ELITE. I think Lebron being "playoff Lebron" for a random game in January is a gift for Luka and the Mavs. This was a snapshot into a playoff intensity team playing with a playoff edge. 

I think RC is spot on that Luka is getting physically bullied and the refs are not calling it properly, but this is how teams WILL play him in the playoffs. He needs to adjust, but so does the reffing.

Mavs need to give Luka some big guys too.  The Lakers size and strength across the board makes the Mavs look like a HS team.
I mean if healthy Mavs have the one of the biggest s5 in the league, apart from the Sixers. Replacing KP with Barea or Wright in the s5 makes the team way too small again. Reminds me of the 3 guard lineup era in the worst possible way.

If anything they need to adress the rim protection backup role for KP. Kleber is great, but his strength on defense aren't against really big guys in the paint. Also i think the best option is to start Kleber with Powell. Go as big as possible.
Yes, Maxi will get beaten to the rim on a few occasions, but I think his rebounding and ability to hold his ground against a lot of power forwards will make up for it.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 114, Lakers 129 - by mtrot - 01-11-2020, 04:34 PM