Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 114, Lakers 129
I think Mavs need to shore up defense as priority 1.  You are missing key players which is part of it too.

Mavs rank 10th (of 15) in points allowed in the West.  Mavs are scoring just fine but when facing tough teams they slow down your offense.

Taking so many 3’s and if not made leads to fast breaks for opponent.  Cut down on 3 attempts will help defense.  Then if you shore up defense you flip the script and make teams shoot worse which will lead to more Mavs fast breaks.

I said it at start of season you are just now entering what will be a long playoff window.  And you need some roster tweaks which is an evolving process.  These tough times will help as you get those role players.  Just a player or two can make such a difference in the whole flow of team.  I think you need a big as priority 1.

All teams go through rough patches.  Refs are bad every year and needs fixing.  Main thing is during playoffs it seems defense steps up a notch look at Houston/Harden he gets less calls in playoffs and they never get out of West.  The tough reffing right now will prepare Mavs for the many playoff years ahead.  If you can figure out how to win in regular season in spite of refs that will pay off in playoffs.  

I don’t think Rick has lost the locker room either.  Your loss of players is allowing teams to load up on Doncic.  If you can deal for a big the  you can pound em inside when they double Luka.  Plus they can help with pick and roll.  Thats why I say you need a big priority one.  Mavs are scoring points so offense is not the problem.  Its defense plus offense when teams take Luka out by doubles, a big will help you find ways to score and keep Luka involved driving.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 114, Lakers 129 - by ThunderMav - 01-11-2020, 01:21 PM