Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 2.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
77.78%
7 77.78%
Lakers
22.22%
2 22.22%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
GAME 38: LAL (31-7) @ DAL (23-15) | 114-129 loss
Philjuan: So as frustrated as I am, I know we have a lot of moves to make over the next year, and while and until we get to that point, let Luka do what he has to do because he's learning.

—-

I don’t agree with the last line. I am critical of Luka and not many others precisely because I know most of them are dispensable.

Luka is already a stud. I am thrilled we have him and hope he never leaves. But he is young and needs direction. I am not sure RC this season has given him that. RC is behaving more like a friend than a coach. To be a leader you have to do the things you don’t want to do. More effort on defense, better decision making on offense, fighting for a tough rebound in the clutch,...etc. Numbers are not the be all/end all. I consider SGA as one of the truly good young guards. His numbers are never eye popping.

Even if one says the teammates are bad or that Luka is still so young, that’s not an excuse to wash away bad habits that we see game after game, even though he says he sees it. That stuff has to be corrected now before it is too late.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 38: LAL (31-7) @ DAL (23-15) | 114-129 loss - by hakeemfan - 01-11-2020, 11:40 AM