Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 2.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
77.78%
7 77.78%
Lakers
22.22%
2 22.22%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
GAME 38: LAL (31-7) @ DAL (23-15) | 114-129 loss
(01-11-2020, 01:53 AM)donzingis38 Wrote:
(01-11-2020, 01:08 AM)hakeemfan Wrote: Even the refs whining is becoming silly now.  Get Drummond here and live with his defensive weaknesses.  The Mavs lack size inside and teams now know the playbook.  Get physical with Luka. No Favors type No Drummond type. Why would teams be worried?  Even Ewing had Oak.  You need a bruiser.  What is happening to Luka is nothing that has not happened to other young superstars.

So easy to strategize playing against the Mavs. Teams just look at Powell and be like, "just get in the paint." Easy game plan.

Bad defense usually leads to bad offense. Good/decent/above avg defense-->better flow offense. This should be obvious.

It's no wonder that Lakers had an easy time making baskets. It all started with their elite defense.

At least now we know exactly what area needs improvement. They have 27 days to make a change.
I definitely agree with this assessment. You know, I'm just annoyed by all of the Luka criticism. Look who he's freaking playing with? He's playing with mostly 2nd stringers. The only way I'd consider THJ a first stringer is if he's the 4th option on offense. DFS is a bench player. KP is a good player, but he's out. Powell is pathetic on defense, and Kleber is a bench player, albeit a nice one. 

So as frustrated as I am, I know we have a lot of moves to make over the next year, and while and until we get to that point, let Luka do what he has to do because he's learning.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 38: LAL (31-7) @ DAL (23-15) | 114-129 loss - by philjuan1 - 01-11-2020, 02:03 AM