Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 49: Milwaukee Bucks (32-16) vs. Dallas Mavericks (26-22)
(02-04-2024, 10:14 AM)youzigizag Wrote: Im not well taken around here for my Luka takes.

Im Pro-Luka, btw.

Assuming this is real and the rumors were real...

Rick supposedly said or was rumored to not be creative enough to come up with a system better than Luka.

Kidd just said in a post presser "Luka is the system"

I get those could be just generalizations.

To answer your key question:  I dont know. 

Im over excuses though.

Luka seems like a good kid and loyal.   I would maybe speculate that Luka got attached to some players and the Org didnt want to move those players due to chemistry...even though the players had major flaws.   

Doe Doe is a perfect example.   I read Luka wants him back.  I know they are friends and Im sure Luka would love him back.  But...Doe Doe, and Im a big fan of the person, lacks skills.   Guy was good at defense and hustle and later on developed a good 3 shot...but he cant dribble or finish at the rim.   Cant pass or create.   Why would you bring him back?   Because he fits the Luka system?  Nah.  Too old and low skill.

Josh Green has demonstrated enough skill to be on the team...but it took 4 years.   But Dwight, Maxi, Dorian, WCS, THJ, and at one point Josh Green, all have major flaws yet got huge minutes.   

Now...Grant Williams seems to be trash with ball in his hands around the basket and cant finish 3ft shots.

I know I just mentioned a few guys that arent on the team anymore...but you get it.   Too many low skilled players.

I have said it before without much fan fare and I will say it again....drain the swamp of these players asap.   Except maybe Josh Green.  I dont trust THJ to continue playing like a team player like he has the past 2 weeks(how was he last night?)...So I would move him while his value is inflated.   

Mavs need better talent.   Better talent means more consistency.   Too many players with a 20 point night and then 5 games of 3 point nights.  Need more consistency.

I think Luka buddies thing is more of a media thing than any consequence of Luka demands. Mejri, Boban, Campazzo were certainly his friends and Mavs traded or released all of them. Last two guys in a "towel waiver" mode were Pinson and now Morris. I doubt Luka is a huge buddy with any of them (not trying to say he doesn't like them, he just doesn't have any real history with them). 

Mavs let Kokoskov go and Luka is certainly good friends with him.

Brunson and DFS were both reportedly very good with Luka and Mavs screwed up Brunson situation and traded DFS. I doubt we can read "Luka wants him back". I think it is more Luka would be happy he is back (because they are friends), but he is not dictating this is necessarily what they have to do.

I perfectly agree that DFS is not what Mavs need.

THJ was just like whole team yesterday. Hot in the first half and more or less dissapeared in the second one.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game 49: Milwaukee Bucks (32-16) vs. Dallas Mavericks (26-22) - by omahen - 02-04-2024, 10:33 AM