Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Record Prediction Thread! Where Will Mavs Rank After First Month?
Alrighty folks, with the season less than 10 days away, I figured we could get a prediction thread for the first 16 games.

I'd love to post a poll, but since it only allows 10 options I can't really do it.

Here's the schedule and what I think the Mavs will be by November 24th. 

WAS--W
PEL---W
POR---L
DEN---L
LAL---W
CLE---W
ORL---W
NYK---W
MEM--W
BOS---L
NYK---W
TOR---W
SAS---W
GSW---L
CLE---W
HOU---L

Mavs have to me 7 easy must wins in the first 16 games, versing teams like NYK twice, the Cavs twice, and Memphis. If the Mavs want to make the playoffs, these have to be easy wins. There is a good mix of strong teams as well, and I think how good we'll be this year will depend on how we look against teams in the upper echelon of the standings like Denver and Houston. Another team I think that will be the litmus test for the Mavs will be the Spurs, as many mocks has them fighting for a similar position as us in the standings. 

I have us at 11-5 in the first month, which is a .68 win percentage which is much higher than a 50 win pace, but given how many easy teams we're facing I think that's about right.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Record Prediction Thread! Where Will Mavs Rank After First Month? - by SleepingHero - 10-14-2019, 12:47 PM