Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
NEWS: China upset w/ NBA...NBA will lose $400 million
(10-14-2019, 10:42 AM)luka_skywalker_77 Wrote: What makes what Kerr said so self-serving, is that he's attempting to draw an equivalence between the US and China, using guns and slavery--and in both cases he probably has no idea what he's talking about having heard him speak on this several times. He's protecting is money pooch because China is a massive part of the NBA and it's products, NIKE, the Bay Area etc., which is why he's claiming ignorance in the face of questioning. He's not commenting because he KNOWS the repercussions. He can say whatever he wants about us, but he HAS to hold his tongue when it comes to China which is why all of these guys are running the same lines ...

He's had NO issues making poignant statements about the US in many regards, so it's only fair that those same reporters question him about any of this. 

Fact is, he's wrong for drawing an equivalence between the US and China and it's stupid to argue that legitimately. Two, he's protecting his own ass, team and league by playing ignorance. Three, it's his right to do any of the aforementioned, just as it's my right to call him a lying, condescending sack of sht which is emblematic of those harboring left of the political spectrum. He's just another in the like of 'woke' people feigning intelligence, claiming to fight for the people while denigrating not only themselves but their country of citizenship as well. It's practically par for the course so it's not surprising. 

The other thing, is that the US has spoken up many times about what's going on in China, however, governments must maintain some level of decorum with other nations they do not morally see eye to eye with. You can play isolationist and remove yourself from the global network of allies, or you can maintain relationships while attempting to promote influence and change in those same areas.

**if you think the US hasn't said a LOT about that's going on in China, please type:  into your browser window and do some research on it.

When you run everything through the lens of "Us vs Them U.S. politics" then this ^ is what you get. 

No doubt Kerr's involvement in the NBA and the NBA's relationship to China has something to do with his "No Comment". Glad you made this point so that I could agree with something in this thread.

But you still can't show, with Kerr's words, how he compared China's battle with Hong Kong protesters with U.S. domestic issues. Please try. Proximity of subjects (reporter asks about Hong Kong, Kerr talks U.S. issues) doesn't equal comparison. He made no comparison. As I've already said, his own words say something like "you ask me about another country, I'll just stick to talking about my own." That's not a comparison, it's a deflection or redirection.

Also, hakeemfan didn't say that the U.S. has never commented about China. That would be silly. Based on the context of his statements I think he said he hadn't seen them say anything backing the Hong Kong protesters. Maybe google has shown you differently. I've shared links to some of my own meager research in this thread. Feel free to share your own, if you like, rather than offering the lame rebuttal of "GOOGLE IT". 

Fact is, while I agree with your opinion that Kerr's job with the NBA probably influenced his "no comment" (though I'm not sure why that's so grievous), I have to say you haven't presented much in the way of "facts" in your post. It's mostly just another Us vs Them diatribe.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: China upset w/ NBA...teams planning for 20-21 salary cap to drop up to 15% - by fifteenth - 10-14-2019, 11:50 AM