Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 47: Orlando Magic (24-22) vs. Dallas Mavericks (25-21)
(01-29-2024, 09:46 PM)Smitty Wrote: Grant Williams with 11 minutes of cardio. This roster needs a complete overhaul. Cuban played the injury card on social media today - but I hope the FO isn’t that blind, and makes real changes.

I don't think the roster sucks. I think the culture of the team and their competitiveness sucks. 

The roster can ALWAYS be better. But these guys aren't really trying. It starts with Kidd, and honestly, Luka could lead by example a bit better. His conditioning is definitely better this year, but it's still not on Paul George level, Jimmy Butler level, etc. I'm not trying to make it seem like "he's the problem" because that's ridiculous. I do hope that A) he has the potential to elevate his conditioning TWO OR THREE levels above what we've seen since his second season, and B) that someone in the Mavs' organization can help him to realize that potential. 

As great as Luka is, and he is MONUMENTALLY great...he is a PG who can't run the floor. That ain't ideal. 

They need to get a coach in here quickly who can help Luka reach his top level before it's too late.

(01-29-2024, 09:46 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: These guys don’t really seem to be giving it their all. No defensive effort. Wide open shots. They look like the Washington Generals out there.

Seems like open 3's are inevitable with Kidd's defensive approach, so sometimes it's tough to tell if the open 3's are the result of laziness, but in this one it seems obvious. So many cutters and movers getting away from their defender out there tonight. 

How can they be more tired than the team on the 2nd night of a back to back?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game 47: Orlando Magic (24-22) vs. Dallas Mavericks (25-21) - by KillerLeft - 01-29-2024, 09:52 PM