Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
INJURY: KP w/ right knee soreness & illness (playing against LAC)
(01-09-2020, 05:58 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: DUH?  And he's been pretty bad on offense when he has played.

If injury and performance aren't going to cause you to re-evaluate how you feel about a trade, what will?  I'm so confused.

Wes, DAJ, etc wasnt the alternative.  That's just a lazy copout.  Whether we'd be better off with $80 million in cap space and 2 first round picks is a legitimate question.

I think we've seen the last week what this team is like without Porzingis and just how integral he is to this team's success. While he hasn't been shooting the ball lights out on offense (which he's never done in his career), he's still put up a respectable 17ppg, while adding fantastic rebounding to his game, a huge criticism that has plagued his career. Furthermore KP has been this team's defensive anchor. And showed, after Luka went down, that when the going got tough, he can step up huge.

So I don't regret the trade whatsoever. 

And Wes, DAJ, DSJ and 2 picks was almost certainly the alternative, not a cop-out. Its quite literally the opposite outcome of the trade.  And the Mavs would have had to keep Wes, no defense DAJ, and a disgruntled DSJ for at least for another half season. It's impossible to say that the Mavs would've  been better off with the cap space of letting Wes and DAJ expire. It's an alternate timeline sort of thing where anything said could  be true. And that whole hypothetical gets real dim when we compare the players the Mavs would've had to have sign to even come close to a prospect like KP, lest we forget the forever merry-go-round of plan powder and our numerous strike outs in July. 

Mavs sold high on DSJ, got rid of 2 aging vets that didn't fit whatsoever, and only gave up 2 picks to get one of best big men in the game and a starting SG. There's no other way to slice that cake. Additionally, we were all guessing the games played total for KP, and came away with anything over 60 is fine.

As long as KP is healthy for the end of the season/playoffs I'm okay. But to question such a lopsided trade after the first sign of minor injuries is ludicrous and a knee-jerk of the highest proportions.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: INJURY: KP w/ right knee soreness - by Tyler - 01-02-2020, 03:42 PM
RE: INJURY: KP w/ right knee soreness & illness (out against LAL & PHI) - by SleepingHero - 01-09-2020, 06:39 PM