Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Game 46: Sacramento Kings (25-18) vs. Dallas Mavericks (25-20)
We are not the only team making a lot of decisions that don’t work on defense. The scoring in the league is really high and the other teams look every bit as bad as we do. Some of it is the defense is damned no matter what they do by all the prolific scorers they can’t touch. Even more of it is all the strategy decisions off side defenders in particular have to make is definitely resulting in the loss of fundamentals defensive decisions we observe above.

I don’t really have answers but I watch enough of the league to know it’s not just us. The Celtics looked totally lost on defense yesterday.

Back to us I think not consistently having Kyrie and Luka is making life really hard for our role players given we don’t really have player number 3 or even 4 so everyone else is a role player. Some nights these guys have to step up to replace star #2. Some nights they need to defer to 2 stars. Almost every night we have different starters. Every night some injured guy is trying to fit back in or trying to regain rhythm. I think this is all very hard on them. The answer to this part of the total dynamic is simply to get a starting group healthy and keep them healthy. Prayers for that anyone ?.
[-] The following 5 users Like Reunion Mav's post:
  • DallasMaverick, HIMAV, KillerLeft, MFFL, Smitty
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game 46: Sacramento Kings (25-18) vs. Dallas Mavericks (25-20) - by Reunion Mav - 01-28-2024, 11:10 AM