Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ideal roles for the current roster
(01-26-2024, 05:57 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: As Markus was to Dirk, RGP is to Luka. Got it.

I don't know who Markus is but I think the Mavs FO effed up badly with the Center position when Dirk was playing for you. So if Markus was as pissed off at your roster construction then as I am now, well, I empathize with him. Anyone with half a brain who was following the NBA in the early 2000s could see that someone like Tyson Chandler was exactly what Dirk needed next to him. Tyson's characteristics fit Dirk's characteristics. I could've given you that free advice from the moment Chandler entered the league in 2001, lol. The Mavs FO finally or luckily got Chandler years later, won the title, then traded him away. :SMH:

Last season, I was harping on about how Luka needed a long, mobile, rim-protecting, rim-runner at Center. Not hard to trade for, considering how bare the Mavs' closet is. The peeps on here and on other Mavs' sites kept saying 5-out, Dwight, or nada. Enter Dereck Lively as a rookie. Now none of those dumbasses acknowledge how wrong they were. And yet even Lively isn't fully ideal because he can't play defense on perimeter players. Still, he's leagues better than Dwight. And there's a lot of young kids out there who would fit better on this team than Dwight too. Analytics isn't everything, it's very important... but not if you are short sighted, and most importantly, if you can't see the bigger picture of how different pieces fit together.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ideal roles for the current roster - by RGP1981 - 01-26-2024, 06:07 PM
RE: Ideal roles for the current roster - by loki - 01-27-2024, 01:42 PM
RE: Ideal roles for the current roster - by loki - 01-27-2024, 02:56 PM
RE: Ideal roles for the current roster - by Jym - 04-13-2024, 03:43 PM