Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 44: Phoenix Suns (25-18) vs. Dallas Mavericks (24-19)
(01-24-2024, 10:36 PM)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: You can't blame the refs every game. Phx was not getting calls in the 1st half either. The Suns are being more physical with the Mavs, and they didn't adjust. The refs reward aggressive teams more often than not.

I think there is generally some small officiating bias against the Mavericks.  I can understand why.

If I were an NBA referee, I would not like the Mavericks.  Luka whines a lot.  He gets fouled a lot but he sometimes protests no-calls even when he wasn't fouled.  That would annoy me if I were a referee.  We could really use a new coach who could protest the bad calls himself occasionally.  A new coach might convince Luka to complain less.  

More importantly, Mark Cuban is the only NBA owner I've ever seen publicly criticize the officials.  He's done this for years.  If I were an NBA referee, I would hate Mark Cuban.  I might punish the Mavs a bit for this.
[-] The following 2 users Like surfpuckmd's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 01-24-2024, 10:28 PM
RE: Game 44: Phoenix Suns (25-18) vs. Dallas Mavericks (24-19) - by surfpuckmd - 01-24-2024, 10:57 PM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 01-25-2024, 08:33 AM