Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 106, Nuggets 107
Some thoughts:

Already mentioned it in the game thread but Luka needs to learn that every single possession counts. Not taking the early 3 with a 3s differential between shot and game clock to end the half.

The Mavs would really benefit from a ballhandling and passing 4. Powell, Kleber or whoever gets the ball after Luka was trapped has an 4 vs 3 advantage. Just needs to make the right decision. The Mavs should get an good look every single time in those situations but right now the execution is terrible.
Coaches should probably take a look at the Warriors playbook and see how Curry-Green solved the trapping issue.

The Mavs don´t try to recover or reswitch on defense. Feels like every single time the opposing teams forces a switch and gets a mismatch in the post the Mavs are leaving their teammate on an island. It really annoys me that they aren´t even trying to reswitch.
I have to call out Jackson at this point and even though I don´t like that RC forces him to play PF he has to accept his role. If he is on a guard and Brunson defends Plumlee he has to switch back. Same for boxouts. If he is under the rim and Plumlee goes for the offensive board he has to put a body on him.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 106, Nuggets 107 - by dirkfansince1998 - 01-09-2020, 01:03 PM