Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heat trading Kyle Lowry to Hornets for Terry Rozier and 27 1st
(01-24-2024, 08:56 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I think I read they they considered Murray but the price was too big.  So instead of waiting or giving up the asking price they moved to Rozier.    

I think it is a good move.   Not sure what the deal is for Lowry.   I guess he hasn't been playing well, but did play in the playoffs last year.  I think he is a good buyout candidate for some contender.

Lowry has had a pretty horrible season. Like a last-year-Reggie Bullock-esque type of season.

His impact numbers aren't bad. Honestly he'd fit in well here as the lead guard off the bench to run the show.

Does CHA want to gift us PJ and throw in Lowry as a buyout candidate?  Big Grin

(01-24-2024, 10:10 AM)Nowitzki Way Wrote: The lowering of payroll seems to be a motivating factor. Does this drop them below the apron where they could now also be players for guys on buy-outs?

No they are still above the 1st Apron (Limit set at 172.3 mil for roster salary). Miami is at 175.

They can sign anyone that made less than the MLE (12.2) as a buyout candidate. But guys like Hayward or Lowry don't qualify.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Nowitzki Way
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Heat trading Kyle Lowry to Hornets for Terry Rozier and 27 1st - by SleepingHero - 01-24-2024, 10:24 AM