Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I'm out on the 2023-24 season ....
(01-23-2024, 09:21 PM)F Gump Wrote: For me it's not one game. It's one MORE game, that has occurred with regularity, of a team that plays small, and lacking energy, and overmatched, with mediocre defense, rather than being competitive.

Too many times they don't even have any juice at all, from the outset.

The best teams come to the game, at least keep it close for 3 quarters, and then pick up the intensity, go to a better level, and take the win in the 4th. The Mavs tend to be the team on the bottom end of that equation.

It's also an observation that as we go round and round in circles over various trade ideas, it's getting very obvious there's no trade possible that moves the needle in a good way. None of the supposed candidates are any more valuable than death warmed over - just one overpaid meh guy after another, and all requiring a strip of assets to get that mostly-junk player. We're now debating PJW vs Kuzma vs Wiggins vs Grant,and all at a high price? Yikes. Gag. A desperate overpriced deal is always possible, but none of these players can make much difference now, and they are yet another piece whose price and baggage will set the team back in the long run.

That's what has made me jump ship, not one game. It's a a team that's repeatedly just blah, and a lack of any potential route that feasibly upgrades the future.

I get it man, but remember this is sports, and you've got like 25 teams trying to win. If you're a player, the sport is all on the court, but if you're a fan, the sport is this, the build, the journey. "Accept the challenges so you feel the exhilaration of victory." I think George S Patton said that, or something similar. 

Who would have thought a lottery bust playing in the Australian league would put up better numbers for a month, than Spencer Dinwiddie ever did as a Mav?

Who would have imagined in their wildest dreams that a 19 year old who couldn't score in college would play -- this year! -- like a top 5 center in Mavs history? 

If we were paying the full MLE for Jones Jr and the vet min for Williams, would anyone complain?? 

This team still has the best back court in the NBA. We've had a ton of injuries. It's only January and we're still giving minutes to guys who wouldn't sniff the court in a playoff game. 

Let's see how things shake out at the trade deadline. And who knows, one of "PJ, Kuz, Grant, Wiggs" could be the next bum to turn around his career in Dallas. 

Of course, the whole thing could go tits up. We just don't know. Mavs went on a 7 game losing streak in January of 2011 then won the title. That's the sport of it!!
[-] The following 2 users Like vfromlmf's post:
  • F Gump, mvossman
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
I'm out on the 2023-24 season .... - by F Gump - 01-22-2024, 11:10 PM
RE: I'm out on the 2023-24 season .... - by loki - 01-23-2024, 12:35 PM
RE: I'm out on the 2023-24 season .... - by vfromlmf - 01-23-2024, 10:35 PM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 01-25-2024, 09:48 AM
RE: I'm out on the 2023-24 season .... - by MFFL - 01-25-2024, 06:20 PM
RE: I'm out on the 2023-24 season .... - by Jym - 01-25-2024, 09:28 AM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 01-25-2024, 09:53 AM
RE: Jason Terry - by omahen - 01-25-2024, 10:57 AM