Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
50.00%
6 50.00%
Nuggets
50.00%
6 50.00%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 37: DEN (26-11) @ DAL (23-14) | 106-107 loss
(01-08-2020, 11:16 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:
(01-08-2020, 11:11 PM)dmavs4life03 Wrote: Its math when  you have 40% shooters. When you have 32%, 35%, 29%, other options should not be spurned.

Wright 40%
Kleber 40%
DFS 39%
THJ 39%
Curry 39%
KP 34%
Brunson 33%
Doncic 33%
Jackson 30%
Powell 26%

Numbers aren´t lying. You don´t have to make the up.
Sorry I was guessing our percentages given what I heard from games and I know powell is shooting below 30% Doncic is at mid 30s and brunson, JJ and KP (though in slumps now) are only making the shot 1/3 of the time. If thats your offense attack, no wonder we cant get easy shots. 

And to be honest, do you think other teams scout Delon/Maxi or even Dorian from 3. There's a difference between 40% shooters and SHOOTERS. There's a difference in your guys needing to be open with feet set over your JET/Ray Allen/Peja/Klay type shooters. On this team we have Luka/THJ/Seth as elite shooters with decent ability to mix it up and they are defended as such.One thing with Delon that frustrates me is he goes passive too much sometimes passing off a ok look at three for a worse one for someone else. But the coaching plan of all these 3s dont work. Especially in clutch games vs good teams.

I'm sure we remember back in 2011 when Kidd or more specifically Stevenson would get trigger happy with the 3 point attempts and everyone would say (come on, pass it to JET or Dirk, or stop shooting so much) even though percentages were "good". And late in games, the offense fed off the defense and in half court, everyone on offense had to be respected to contribute in their own way to not be 4-5 like the Mavs of old. The plan was still P&R or post up Dirk but you had to respect Tyson on lobs/putbacks/cleanups,Matrix could post/slip backdoor and cut, Kidd would make the open 3, Dirk/JET pick/pop or Dirk post up. We rarely see any of this when we need a bucket to protect a vanishing lead or to make the comeback. Tyson/Haywood weren't out shooting 3s, Trix didn't, 

And the defenses don't respect ours but know they can press Doncic and just try to pick off the swing passes to the corners because midrange shots are banned in our offense. You'd think after having a legend who could get to His spot, shoot/post up/pass and trust the muscle memory/training to get us buckets (along with being automatic at the FT line) we'd repeat this. But no.

So as I've said before, the coaching isn't putting the players in position to succeed or is demanding things from them that is not of the strengths or conducive to winning in clutch time. Between playing guys outta position, the 3 happy offense, great TO management (lol) + our mediocre defense= about a 1st round exit if even make it in the crowded west. I hope to eat crow on this statement because philosophy changes cause if it doesn't we'll be the combination of the young thunder/harden rockets/lob city teams that cant do much in the postseason to justify the hype in the year.
 We're probably talking past one another but time will tell.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 37: DEN (26-11) @ DAL (23-14) | 106-107 loss - by dmavs4life03 - 01-09-2020, 06:51 AM