Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
50.00%
6 50.00%
Nuggets
50.00%
6 50.00%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 37: DEN (26-11) @ DAL (23-14) | 106-107 loss
(01-09-2020, 12:32 AM)TurkishMFFL Wrote:
(01-08-2020, 10:44 PM)LukTheShadow Wrote: It makes me so sad ...  reading this comments..
But we should be proud on mavs. They fought well against the team with more and stronger weapons, with more experience  and at the end that prevailed. Simple as that, last two plays where the big picture of both teams value. Mavs could not DT Joker, Nuggets could afford that on Luka with ease with a reason. It's simple tactic. Heads up, it's new game soon.

Well I am proud of them and my expectation were not that high anyway, but how should we see the inability to score at the end of games and lose one after another, most of which with a meltdown?

Inexperience? Is that it? The team let 30 point lead slip away in Toronto and not getting a single bit of a lesson from it can't be a matter of being proud, right? How many games have been lost because of atrocious plays in the clutch?

You might want to watch some Grizzlies games if you have the time and see how a young and inexperienced team LEARN in time and get better each day.

The Dallas Mavericks are young and inexperienced but they are relatively slowly learning and improving, particularly because of RC and his Jason Garrett style plays in clutch time. And the kind of losses they get do not help in a good way.

As much I understand and concur with your thoughts I would not equalize all clutch time L's. Toronto debacle was way different than tonight's clutch for instance. I won't repeat what I already wrote but I'll add that mavs learning curve bent significantly since starters injuries started in early December. New rotations needs time to click and not clicking could be seeing on the easiest ways in the critical situations which clutch finish certainly is. Even only missing one important piece can disturb starters and bench team. Opposite teams knows that and ...  In last sec clutch there is no place to think what to do if things going out of the plan, team have to react spontaneous and only way to learn this is to play and play and play together and learn by doing.
Yes, I admire MEM's progress lately but I just have to be bold and say that they needed 22 L's to start learning, our mavs are at 14th atm.
L in clutch hearts more but at the end of the day is still only L, this time against DAL which is a very serious team.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 37: DEN (26-11) @ DAL (23-14) | 106-107 loss - by LukTheShadow - 01-09-2020, 02:10 AM