Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Most Unplayable Maverick of the Week
(01-20-2024, 10:46 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: This is why Dallas is mainly mentioned in terms of reclamation projects like Wiggins/Washington, both of whom are playing well below their contracts.  Collins used to be on that list, and we saw Atlanta basically give him away.  If we want to get into the game for a Grant or even DFS, we'd have to give up a real asset like 2027 or OMax.  Someone like WCJ probably requires THJ as Orlando can afford to trade one of their 3 centers for more shooting.

Hardy is a prominent asset for us, but he's probably a fake asset for NBA teams.  Sure, he'll be sold in other towns as this young scorer (future sixth man) who hit 40% of his 3's last season.  Some parts of a fan base will buy that and some parts will point to all the negative numbers he's producing and question whether he'll ever become anything (it isn't like the market for undersized volume shooters who can't create is all that great to start with).  

I like Hardy in a deal with Holmes for PJ Washington because Charlotte is the type of team that might buy into the hype.  I suspect Hardy brings very little value to Orlando or Portland because of what they already have.  I could also see a Hardy/Moody swap if we end up dealing for Wiggins.  My construct would be GWill to GSW, the Warriors paying the Wizards to take Holmes and we get Wiggins/Moody.  I would try to pair that with THJ for WCJ adding a 5/4 in WCJ, a 4/3 in Wiggins and a 3/2 in Moody all with good defensive reputations in exchange for THJ/GWill/Holmes/Hardy.

John Collins should be a cautionary tale.  He was under performing and given away for free, and now he is playing even worse and considered one of the worst contracts in the league.  Wiggins is already considered one of the worst contracts in the league and if he doesn't completely turn it around (a huge gamble) then Moody is not worth taking that albatross of a contract.

It doesn't sound like there is a ton of interest out there for Timmy, so the Timmy for WCJ seems like the only reasonable deal with him.  I'm on the fence on that one.  I like it better in the construct of your multiple deals if I wasn't scared as hell of Wiggins.  I'm also a little skeptical that this team is going to deal GWill.  He is underperforming and not a great fit, but I think he is very important to the locker room and I don't think they want to mess that up.  

If we are going to do anything other than buyout, it seems the most likely would be Timmy for WCJ or Holmes + Hardy for PJ.  Just please God no Wiggins!
[-] The following 4 users Like mvossman's post:
  • KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs, Smitty, ThisIStheYear
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Most Unplayable Maverick of the Week - by mvossman - 01-20-2024, 12:58 PM
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 01-20-2024, 01:54 PM