Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: IND gets Siakam| TOR gets 3FRP, Nwora, Lewis Jr. and Brown
(01-17-2024, 12:20 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I definitely don’t see THJ getting a FRP from any team. He’s been around so long and teams know his body of work and he’s been shopped since being signed. Nothing. The body of work is more important than the flash in the pan 40 pt game. He might get a bite or 2 finally, but I don’t think the value raises. I guess you could say that means the value has raised, since it went from uninterested to, sure I’ll take him.

On the other hand, he is having one of the best seasons of his career and is one of the leading 6th man candidates. His contract is now for only two more years and he had injury troubles first season Mavs started to shop him. He is proving to be a good player, just not a great fit next to Luka/Irving because of defense. Also, some teams actually value expiring contract next season which could have value in trades (NY mentioned in this light). 

If the only criteria is getting an expiring contract (can be bad player), I definitely see a FRP value. Of course a protected FRP, but as we have seen from recent Fisher report, Indy is not exactly offering better picks.

Mavs offer of THJ (third team providing non lottery pick and expiring salary), Green, Holmes +2027 is not that worse than Indy. Green probably is better than Toppin or Smith. Problem is, if Toronto really values Brown or can get additional value for him.
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pacers and Raptors in active talks w/Siakam| 3 FRP on table - by omahen - 01-17-2024, 01:27 PM