Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 33: Dallas Mavericks (19-14) vs. Golden State Warriors (15-17) 132-122 WIN
(12-31-2023, 09:18 AM)Chicagojk Wrote:  
I thought Grant was solid last night.  Loved how he fought for some rebounds.  only got 19 minutes.  I wonder if he gets some of the minutes crunch when everyone is healthy.  Only part of Jones Jr game that is worrisome is the 3 point shoot.  Down to 34% and 26 % the last 10.  He is showing no hesitancy launching them though.

Lively and Powell split all of the C minutes, so that kept Grant from getting any of those.  He and DJJ used up 43 of the PF minutes.  There were two brief stints (end of 2nd and late in the 4th) where the lineup was Lively, Luka, THJ, Green and Exum (+0 combined).

I thought it was interesting that Green was right back to closing the first half and was one of the higher minute players in the fourth.  Despite what some posters think (one of which only posts after losses to tell us how right he was about his negative takes), Kidd appears to hold Green in high regard.  It may have been opponent related as Green is a better matchup than Grant for GS's best offensive players.  It could be different with a different opponent, but I'd suggest news of Green's demise is greatly exaggerated.

Kyrie's return would have taken all of Hardy's minutes in a tight rotation night like last night.  The question is where would he have gotten the other 8-10 minutes to get him to 32/34?  I don't think THJ would have closed halves if Kyrie was available, so I suggest at least half of those minutes would come from THJ and a couple from Luka and a couple from Exum's 34 last night.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game 33: Dallas Mavericks (19-14) vs. Golden State Warriors (15-17) 132-122 WIN - by DanSchwartzgan - 12-31-2023, 09:59 AM