Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 118, Bulls 110
Watching the games without KP I could not agree more that him just being out there deters a lot of those drives. He alone commands respect from the other teams drive to the hole players. His presence contributes greatly to the rest of our players getting rebounds. The last few games have really showed me just how valuable KP already is. We look bad defensively without him.

Even offensively, though he often does not look all that great on offense, I found it very noteworthy that he is the top beneficiary of Luka assists. He gives Luka a good option which results in less Luka dependency. With mostly Luka, we look only a little better than last year. With KP out there, all of our other guys find more openings on offense as well. 

Re KP offense: I would love to see him work on getting his shots off the boards similar to Tim Duncan. So many times, he ends up with the ball on either side of the basket and his shots seem to be in-between straight to the basket and off the boards. He could become much more efficient using the back board and committing to it. Several of our current guys already do a lot of back board shooting so I foresee this happening for KP as well. 

As for Barea, I think is primary role is keep Luka from being exhausted in the 4th quarter, which this team absolutely needs to do. When JJ runs a play or brings the ball up (which others already contribute to), it allows Luka to just hang out and be available. He still often ends up with the ball but I think letting Luka have some easier time on the floor is the main objective. Others have had good thoughts on Barea's role but I have no problem at all with him being on the floor. When JJ gets his rhythm going, he could resume his role as one of our best players even though his best role will remain spot duty/ change of pace guard.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 118, Bulls 110 - by Reunion Mav Old - 01-07-2020, 01:32 PM