Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 118, Bulls 110
(01-07-2020, 10:59 AM)omahen Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 09:36 AM)mavsluvr Wrote: But without KP, neither he nor Maxi was able to hold his own at that end of the court.

Great recap, thanks. Only regarding this part, I don't think you can put it on Maxi and Powell. Most of the time one of them was the only big on the court. As they are switching a lot, they were often left on a guard/wing at three point line. This left the paint wide open as next biggest Mav was like 6-7 or something. In order to restore the order in paint, they would have to leave the guard they switched on wide open, which of course is not an option. And yes, we desperately need KP back. Or any big actually, to help the lone two we are using with KP out. If we have two bigs on the court at same time, one of them can be in the paint.
Thanks, omahen. 

Good points. Maybe I didn't phrase it well enough, but I wasn't suggesting that the Bulls' parade to the paint was solely due to Maxi and Powell. More trying to emphasize KP's importance. Maxi and DP, useful as they are, can't do what KP does. Due to KP's individual offensive struggles, I think we don't always appreciate just how critical he is defensively. Or, for that matter, his importance in allowing Powell and Maxi to do what they do on the offensive end. (Not suggesting that you personally are guilty of that -- I myself have not always given KP due credit for his irreplaceable role on the roster.)

Like the observations.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 118, Bulls 110 - by mavsluvr - 01-07-2020, 11:34 AM