Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 9.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
62.50%
5 62.50%
Bulls
37.50%
3 37.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 36: CHI (13-24) @ DAL (23-13) | 118-110 win
(01-07-2020, 04:57 AM)donzingis38 Wrote: Man, if you look at the stats, mavs couldve easily lost this game.

1. Mavs had a good 3 point percentage which lead to a win. Live and die by a three. 
2. Luka was absolutely phenomenal.
3. Defense was more or less non-existing for large parts of the game. We allowed 110 points from offensively very limited team. This is my observation and perhaps someone else can look up the stats to see if it can confirm it, but it seemed to me that defense was especially bad with the line-up including both Wright and Maxi in the third quarter. I dare to say Powell was considerably better defender than Maxi yesterday. Wright was a dissapointment to me. He did score 9 points on only 3 shots, but wasn't really capable of leading a team when Luka was resting. 
4. We were too small for most of the game, as Maxi and Powell were rarely on the court together and we didn't see Boban. This lead to the fact that DFS and JJ were pushed to power forward and were too small to fight with stronger (Young) and much taller (Markannen) Chicago power forwards.
5. Curry-Brunson-Wright line-up just doesn't work for me. Looks to me that roles are not defined in this set up as they are all coming to the ball to facilitate, a lot of time at the same time.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 36: CHI (13-24) @ DAL (23-13) | 118-110 win - by omahen - 01-07-2020, 05:55 AM